Thursday 4 June 2009

Wikkid Times


Released earlier this week, the 'Versions & Remixes' edition of Beat Pharmacy's Wikkid Times.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the original Wikkid Times. It had a few great tracks and although the production was excellent throughout, there were too many in your face spoken-word vocals for my taste. 

I'm pleased then, that Deep Space Media have released two new editions of the album.

The first of these releases features dub-remixes from Intrusion, Quantec, Deadbeat and Appleblim together with re-works from producers who are a little more dancefloor orientated including Cocoon's Minilogue and the man of the moment cosmic deep houser John Daly.

The second release, 'Versions', in Burial-mix tradition reduces but doesn't entirely remove the vocals from the tracks. This is the one to go for over the original album, in my opinion.

You can pick up both releases on Beatport - the Remixes and the Versions

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I found Brendon Moeller's (beat pharmacy alias) new album and was fascinated. Besides, great blog, keep it up, I searched for blogs concentrating about this particular niche in electronic music - dub techno, techno and deephouse. I believe these styles are the ones progressing at ever increasing speed and it is very interesting to keep track of new interesting releases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GLP,

    Thanks for the encouragement! Much appreciated. I've only been going a couple of weeks so it's good to know that people are interested.

    Have you heard 'Jazz Junk Safari', the new album released under his 'Brendon Moeller' alias?

    I've only skimmed through it but it seems solid, as with all of his productions.

    May do a review or at least some coverage once I've had chance to listen properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I found Jazz junk safari by accident and now it cannot leave my player :) It reminds me of Evan Merc's - Dreamtime Submersible. The quality is palpable, rhythms will have you nodding your head and smiling in no time :)
    As for encouragement, I have your blog in my google reader, so I wont miss any of your posts :) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete